Connect with other preservation enthusiasts, stay informed, and enjoy special benefits by becoming a member. A broad membership base is important because it provides essential funding for fulfilling our mission and strengthens our influence in the community. Membership in Knox Heritage also supports the stewardship of historic properties such as Historic Westwood and the Airplane Filling Station.
To become a member by phone, call 865-523-8008 ext. 1 and speak with janine bolin.
Purchasing a gift membership for a friend?
Please be sure to include details about the gift recipient and all of their contact information in the Special Instructions text box on the online form.
All members receive the following benefits:
• Annual “The Preservationists”, a high-quality printed publication covering preservation in East Tennessee and recognizing our members, donors, and volunteers
• Monthly Preservation Post electronic newsletter sent to your inbox
• Event postcards by mail for staying informed of Preservation Network series, Behind the Scenes tours, and other special events
• Access to members-only tours and events throughout the year
• Discounts at select local businesses (see below)
• Recognition as a member in Preservation Post and The Preservationists publications
Benefits are available to all members of a household unless otherwise noted. One membership card per household will be issued annually and can be used to access member discounts at participating businesses (please see below).
choose your level of membership:
Student or Senior $25-$49
The student must be enrolled. Seniors 65 +.
Patron’s Circle is a giving circle of members who provide an important foundation of financial support for our local preservation movement and includes Patron, Sustainer, and Benefactor levels of membership. Patron’s Circle members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Invitation to the annual Patron’s Circle Party in April and the opportunity to purchase Summer Supper tickets before the general public
• Free property features on knoxheritage.org and our affiliated Facebook page when marketing a historic home or commercial building. Buyers of properties featured on knoxheritage.org receive a complimentary one-year Supporter level membership
Additional Sustainer level benefit:
• One (1) Supporter level gift membership to share with friends or family
Additional Benefactor level benefit:
• Two (2) sets of limited edition KH postcards available for pick up at Historic Westwood
• Two (2) Supporter level gift memberships to share with friends and family
Society memberships provide an essential level of financial support to fulfill the Knox Heritage mission. It includes the 1791 Heritage, Ellen McClung Berry, and Mary Boyce Temple levels of membership. We welcome the opportunity to celebrate and recognize the generosity of our leading donors and their commitment to preservation in East Tennessee. All Heritage Society Circle members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Invitation to the annual 1791 Heritage Society Circle Party in April and the opportunity to purchase Summer Supper tickets before Patron’s Circle members and the general public
• Invitation to other special 1791 Heritage Society events
• 15% discount on all Historic Westwood event rentals
• Two (2) Supporter level gift memberships or one (1) Patrons Circle gift membership to share with friends and family ($100 value)
• Two (2) sets of limited edition KH postcards for new or upgrading members available for pick up at Historic Westwood
1791 Heritage Society $1,000-$3,499
Ellen McClung Berry Society $3,500-$9,999
Ellen McClung Berry (1894-1992) was the great-great-granddaughter of Knoxville founder James White and exhibited a passion for saving historic places. Ellen McClung Berry Society level members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Four (4) Supporter level gift memberships and two (2) Patrons Circle gift memberships to share with friends and family ($400 value)
• 20% discount on all Historic Westwood event rentals
Mary Boyce Temple Society $10,000+
Mary Boyce Temple (1856–1929) was a Knoxville philanthropist and socialite who helped launch Knoxville’s preservationist movement. Mary Boyce Temple Society level members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Four (4) Supporter level gift memberships and four (4) Patrons Circle gift memberships to share with friends and family ($600 value)
• Four complimentary tickets to the annual Scruffy City Soiree fall gala
• One complimentary rental of Historic Westwood with up to 50 guests seated or 100 guests standing (cocktail-style)
• A limited edition print by cathedral artist (and Temple House owner) Brian Pittman
In addition to the benefits above, Knox Heritage members also receive discounts from many businesses in the area. Just remember to please present your valid Knox Heritage membership card to receive the discount.
Ab Card Construction
Specializing in timber frame and stone cottages. 10% off new construction, 10% off remodels / renovations, 5% off consultation or historic materials incorporation
Bistro at the Bijou
1/2 price bottle of wine- one per member per visit.
807 S. Gay St, 865-544-0537
On your birthday receive 20% off one item. Save up to $100.
7240 Kingston Pike, 865-558-5677, www.blisshomefurniture.com
Creative Catering of Knoxville
10% off catering
Crescent Bend House & Gardens
$2 off regular admission price
2728 Kingston Pike, 865-637-3163
Discount will vary with product
600 E. Magnolia Avenue (at Hall of Fame Drive), 865-546-4881
High Oaks Construction
One-half percent discount off the total amount
10% off meal (does not apply to alcohol)
Must show membership card.
Holly’s Homberg, 5032 Whittaker Dr. Ste. 3, 865-330-0123
Holly’s Corner, 842 N. Central Ave, 865-851-7854
Holly’s 135, 135 N. Gay Street, 865-329-0000
Knotty Knox Woodworks
10% off services
Find Us on Facebook
10% off catering
10% discount in the gift shop
1027 Circle Park on the UT Campus, 865-974-2144, mcclungmuseum.utk.edu
Russell’s Pest Control
$29 off initial pest control service*
* Discounts apply to new service only; Termite renewal services do not qualify for a discount
The Victorian Wood Molding Co.
116 N. Kingston Ave., Rockwood, 865-354-8118