Network with other preservation enthusiasts, stay informed, and enjoy special benefits by becoming a member. A broad membership base is important because it provides essential funding for fulfilling our mission and strengthens our influence in the community. Membership in Knox Heritage also supports the stewardship of historic properties such as Historic Westwood and the Airplane Filling Station.
To become a member by phone, call 865-523-8008 ext. 1 and speak with janine bolin.
Purchasing a gift membership for a friend?
Interested in setting up recuring monthly payments for your membership level?
We will be glad to assist you with this option over the phone. If you would like to proceed online, simply divide your membership donation amount by 12 and enter the amount in the box marked “Other”. Then, select “Show my support by making this a recurring donation” and choose “monthly”. (For example, a $1,000 1791 Heritage Society membership would be $83.33 per month.)
All members receive the following benefits:
• Annual “The Preservationists“, a high-quality printed publication covering preservation in East Tennessee and recognizing our members, donors, and volunteers
• Monthly Preservation Post electronic newsletter sent to your inbox (sample newsletter) along with periodic updates on special events, causes, and Historic Westwood
• Event postcards by mail for staying informed of Preservation Network series, Behind the Scenes tours, and other special events
• Access to members-only tours and events throughout the year
• Recognition as a member in Preservation Post and The Preservationists publications
Benefits are available to all members of a household unless otherwise noted. One membership card per household will be issued annually and can be used to access member discounts at participating businesses (please see below).
choose your level of membership:
The student must be enrolled. Seniors 65 +
Patron’s Circle is a giving circle of members who provide an important foundation of financial support for our local preservation movement and includes Patron, Sustainer, and Benefactor levels of membership. Patron’s Circle members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Invitation to the annual Patron’s Circle Party in April and the opportunity to purchase Summer Supper tickets before the general public
• Free property features on knoxheritage.org and our affiliated Facebook page when marketing a historic home or commercial building. Buyers of properties featured on knoxheritage.org receive a complimentary one-year Supporter level membership
Additional Sustainer level benefit:
• One (1) Supporter level gift membership to share with friends or family
Additional Benefactor level benefit:
• Two (2) sets of limited edition KH postcards available for pick up at Historic Westwood
• Two (2) Supporter level gift memberships to share with friends and family
Society memberships provide an essential level of financial support to fulfill the Knox Heritage mission. It includes the 1791 Heritage, Ellen McClung Berry, and Mary Boyce Temple levels of membership. We welcome the opportunity to celebrate and recognize the generosity of our leading donors and their commitment to preservation in East Tennessee. All Heritage Society Circle members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Invitation to the annual 1791 Heritage Society Circle Party in April and the opportunity to purchase Summer Supper tickets before Patron’s Circle members and the general public
• Invitation to other special 1791 Heritage Society events
• 15% discount on all Historic Westwood event rentals
• Two (2) Supporter level gift memberships or one (1) Patrons Circle gift membership to share with friends and family ($100 value)
• Two (2) sets of limited edition KH postcards for new or upgrading members available for pick up at Historic Westwood
Ellen McClung Berry (1894-1992) was the great-great-granddaughter of Knoxville founder James White and exhibited a passion for saving historic places. Ellen McClung Berry Society level members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Four (4) Supporter level gift memberships and two (2) Patrons Circle gift memberships to share with friends and family ($400 value)
• 20% discount on all Historic Westwood event rentals
Mary Boyce Temple (1856–1929) was a Knoxville philanthropist and socialite who helped launch Knoxville’s preservationist movement. Mary Boyce Temple Society level members enjoy these additional benefits:
• Four (4) Supporter level gift memberships and four (4) Patrons Circle gift memberships to share with friends and family ($600 value)
• Four complimentary tickets to the annual Scruffy City Soiree fall gala
• One complimentary rental of Historic Westwood with up to 50 guests seated or 100 guests standing (cocktail-style)
• A limited edition print by cathedral artist (and Temple House owner) Brian Pittman