How to Feature your Property
Advertise Historic Properties with Knox Heritage and ETPA
Feature your property today and find your buyer through our website.
Knox Heritage/ETPA is a nonprofit organization with a mission to preserve structures and places with cultural or historic significance. Knox Heritage/ETPA members are among the most passionate and knowledgeable about historic properties. They are a source of information for friends, family, and colleagues seeking to purchase a historic property and often recruit new residents to their neighborhoods. These factors make them an important audience to reach if you have a historic property for sale, rent or lease.
KnoxHeritage.org and our expansive social media network is the place to reach a nationwide audience interested in historic properties in East Tennessee. All properties are featured on our website that averages 25,000+ page views per month, Facebook pages (both Knox Heritage and ETPA) that averages 62,000+ visits per month, and may also be featured in our quarterly printed newsletter and monthly e-newsletter, which is sent to 2,000+ individuals.
“Good Morning: Wanted to let you know, my listing (on your site) 2346 Woodbine Avenue, SOLD! Someone found it on your site in ONE WEEK. I wanted you to know that it sold quickly because of your site. He printed the listing off and brought it along to the showing. Thank you so much and I will use your site in the future.” Paula Stephens, Meese & Associates
WHAT KIND OF PROPERTIES CAN BE FEATURED?
From colonial to modernist houses, old mills to factories, downtown commercial buildings and beyond, we feature properties from both agents and owners. Whether renting, leasing or selling, properties featured on our website should be 50 years old or older unless deserving of special consideration due to architectural merit. Properties must be located within our service region (Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier, and Union counties).
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
All KH/ETPA members at the Patron Level ($100 annually) or higher may feature their historic properties through our organization for FREE! It’s one of the many benefits of being a current member.This includes the following services:
- An individual page on KnoxHeritage.org for your property under the “Properties For Sale” section. This page will include a maximum of eight scrolling photos, property description and contact information. We can hyperlink to more photos and other online real estate listings (such as Realtor.com or private pages).
- A post to the Knox Heritage and ETPA Facebook pages (over 9,600 likes to date).
- Follow-up Facebook posts if notified for price changes, open houses or other special events.
- Randomly selected active properties are also featured in our monthly e-newsletter (typically one property) and printed newsletter (typically four properties).
- An unlimited number of featured listings are available to our members.
- No time limits, a property can stay on the website for as long as it takes to sell.
- If a buyer says they found the property through Knox Heritage/ETPA and they are not a current member of our organization, we will provide a complimentary introductory Supporter Level membership to the new owner(s) so they can become part of our vintage property network.
Not a current member? Join online or call 865.523.8008 for assistance or to check your status.
TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL
In additional to the above free services for members, arrangements can be made for additional advertising services. These may include:
- Expanded coverage in our e-newsletter (great for telling the unique history of a property) – $35 per month (roughly 4″ text length with photo and hyperlink)
- Expanded and guaranteed coverage in our quarterly newsletter – $50 for 1/4 page ad, $100 for 1/2 page ad, $200 for full page ad. See a sample newsletter HERE.
HOW TO FEATURE A PROPERTY
Featuring your property with Knox Heritage/ETPA is easy:
- Email an existing link to the online property listing or send descriptive text and a selection of photos to: email@example.com. Photos selected must be a horizontal orientation and consistent in size. We cannot mix both horizontal and vertical oriented photos on the post, but can link to an external site where more photos can be shared.
- We will create a post to our website and email you a link for review and approval.
- Once approved, we will feature the property in a Facebook posting. If the price changes or you schedule an open house, let us know and we will make a special announcement on Facebook as well.
- When a sale is pending, the price changes or the property is sold, please email us and let us know so we can update the page. A property will remain on the website until our staff are notified of changes or we make the discovery through periodic evaluations.
- Remember to mention Knox Heritage/ETPA to the new homeowners. We offer guidance and resources specific to historic homes that may help them in the future. Plus, if they found the home through the Knox Heritage website they are eligible for an introductory Knox Heritage Supporter Level membership.
- Knox Heritage reserves the right to decline properties that do not meet our qualifying criteria (see What Kind of Properties Can Be Featured above).
If you have questions about advertising with Knox Heritage/ETPA, please contact Todd Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-523-8008.
OTHER HISTORIC PROPERTY SERVICES
Knox Heritage/ETPA is an organization committed to assisting with helping historic properties find the right owners. In addition to working with sellers, as stated above, we offer a slate of additional solutions that can be tailored to suit different needs and circumstances. This includes accepting properties as donations (in full or partially), assisting with finding developers for historic properties, producing and administering protective covenants and other services that may offer effective solutions for moving historic properties into the right hands. For more information on other historic property services, please contact Todd Morgan at 865.523.8008 or email@example.com