White Lily Building (8)

Ken-Haun--White-LilySMALL

208 East Depot Avenue

The home of J. Allen Smith & Company, the building at 218 E. Depot Avenue, has come to be known as the White Lily Building, after the company’s most famous product, White Lily Flour. The original central section of the White Lily Building is dated to 1885. In 2007, J.M. Smuckers Company bought the White Lily brand and, in mid-2008, closed the Knoxville mill indefinitely. White Lily flour is currently produced by Smuckers in two Midwest plants.

Go Back Map Next Stop