The Whitefield Apartments / The Elliot Hotel (32)
207 West Church Avenue
Built in 1907, as the Whitefield Apartments, this Neoclassical structure is notable for its Palladian-influenced windows, and the whimsical placement of its porches. The building was designed by Knoxville architect Albert E. Gredig. Like similar structures downtown, this building served as a combined office and residential space and was for many years the ground-floor served as the office for local physicians Dr. W.A. McCallie and Dr. R.B. Layman.