The A. Percy Lockett House (50)
615 West Hill Avenue
This building was built as a private residence in 1903 by A. Percy Lockett. According to accounts of contemporaries, the house was built as a wedding gift for Lockett’s wife and was built in the Neoclassical style to emulate the design of her antebellum childhood home in Mississippi. The Locketts lived in the house until the 1920s, when they moved to the Armstrong-Lockett House (Crescent Bend) on Kingston Pike.
The Lockett Residence became the home of the First Church of Christ, Scientist congregation in June 1929. From 1977 to 1978, the building was vacant, and in 1979, the building became a restaurant, Lord Lindsey. As a restaurant and catering service and later a nightclub spot, Lord Lindsey, owned and named by Kristopher Kendrick, was important to many people in Knoxville who attended functions here and admired its architectural details.