Kress Building (11)
417 South Gay Street
The Kress Building was built in 1925, for the Knoxville S.H. Kress & Company store. S.H. Kress & Company had more than 250 stores in the southern and western United States. No two Kress stores are alike, but each shared these few characteristics: the logo, the similar buff color on the exterior façade, and the symmetrical design of the façade.