Jackson Terminal (5)

205 West Jackson Avenue

A long wooden fertilizer building built on this site in the 1860s prefigures the current structure which was built in the late 1880s with almost identical dimensions, likely on the foundation of the older fertilizer building. During the era of the East Tennessee, Virginia, and Georgia Railroad – one of the South’s major railroads of the post-Civil War period – it served as a freight depot, as it would after 1894 for Southern Railway.

Go Back Map Next Stop