Haynes-Henson Building (7)
130 West Jackson Avenue
Haynes Henson Shoes, which had its headquarters on Gay Street, built its wholesale house here around 1907. The partnership of J.P. Haynes and James A. Henson claimed to have shoes in stores in every state in the South. Henson died not long after occupying this building, and his widow funded the construction of nearby St. John’s Lutheran Church in his memory. In the 1990s, architect Buzz Goss and Old City resident and advocate Harold Duckett renovated the building as Jackson Ateliers.