Grand Union Building (46)
416 Union Avenue
Built circa 1931, by Knoxville developer Benjamin Sprankle to replace the Arcade Building (which burned down along with much of the 400 block of Market in 1930), the Grand Union Building once provided office space for TVA, Third National Bank, and other commercial tenants. This area of Union Avenue would become Sprankle’s general headquarters for more than half a century, where he built many buildings in the 400 and 500 blocks of Union. Home Federal Bank purchased the building in 1992.