Now accepting nominations for the 2017 Preservation Awards - Deadline November 3rd
Deadline for Nominations is Friday, November 3, 2017, 2:00pm.
Knox Heritage is now accepting nominations for the 2017 Preservation Awards, given annually for outstanding contributions to historic preservation within Knox County. These awards will be presented at the Knox Heritage Annual Meeting on Thursday evening, December 7th, at the Bijou Theatre.
Awards may be given in the following categories: the City of Knoxville Mayor’s Award and the Knox County Mayor’s Award; the Greystone, Civic Achievement, and Media awards; the “Fantastic Fifteen” awards for compatible new construction, restoration, and continuing maintenance; the Volunteer of the Year; the Spirit of Kristopher Award; and the Ronald B. Childress Memorial Award for Preservationist of the Year.
Knox Heritage invites the community to submit nominations of historic (50+ years old) residential or commercial projects that have been completed within the past 12 months, or nominations of a person who has recently and significantly contributed to the furtherance of historic preservation in Knox County.
Nominations should include the property owner’s (or individual’s) name, address, phone number, neighborhood, and why an award would be a fitting recognition. Please include a photo of the nominated property.
Examples of eligible projects or individuals are:
• Completed restoration of a historic home
• Completed restoration of a historic commercial building
• Preservation through continuing maintenance of a historic home or building
• Infill construction compatible with historic neighborhoods
• Corporate leadership in preservation
• Civic leadership in preservation
• Outstanding media coverage of preservation issues
• Exceptional volunteer service for historic preservation-related causes
Mail nominations to P.O. Box 1242, Knoxville, TN 37901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org