Deadline for 2018 “Fragile & Fading” Nominations is April 16th
KNOX HERITAGE CALLS FOR NOMINATIONS OF MOST ENDANGERED HISTORIC PLACES IN KNOX COUNTY
Deadline for 2018 “Fragile & Fading” Nominations is Monday, April 16th
Knox Heritage invites the general public to submit nominations of Knoxville’s and Knox County’s most endangered places or structures to be included in the 2018 “Fragile & Fading” List of Endangered Historic Places. The deadline for nominations is 10:00 a.m. on Monday, April 16th.
Each May during National Preservation Month, Knox Heritage announces its “Fragile & Fading” endangered list to educate the public and local leaders about the plight of significant historic resources. The list provides a work plan for the non-profit organization for the next twelve months. Preservation strategies are developed for each site on the list and can include working with current property owners, government officials, citizens and/or potential new owners to preserve these important parts of our community’s heritage.
Eligible nominations should include the following information:
- Street address of the endangered property, and name if applicable
- Nature of the threat to the property
- Name and contact information for the individual or group submitting the nomination
- Any known historical information about the property
- Name and contact information for the current property owner
- Photos of each elevation of the property
- Email completed nominations to Hollie Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knox Heritage preserves, restores and transforms historic places. For everyone. Forever. The nonprofit organization was founded in 1974 and now serves the entire 16-county Knoxville region. For more information, visit www.knoxheritage.org