3031 East Fifth Avenue
The latest Knox Heritage renovation project has transformed this blighted property in the Park City National Register District into a beautiful home once again.
The residence was built in 1912 for Frank C. Wilson, a superintendent at Regal Manufacturing Company, and his wife Mary. This structure contributes to the Park City Historic District and will be protected by a conservation preservation easement held by our organization. Knox Heritage has identified the following features as contributing to the architectural significance of the house: the cross-gable roof with asphalt shingle covering, diamond pane attic window, one-story wrap-around front porch with wood columns, one-story projecting bay on east elevation, double-hung one-over-one wood windows, exposed brick foundation, and recessed diamond pane sidelights with original wood door at front entry.
It’s going to make a great new home for someone. We’ve enjoyed watching the house next door being restored as well and look forward to an additional restoration project coming soon across the street.
Big thanks go to the 1772 Foundation, City of Knoxville’s Homemaker’s Program, Louisville Tile, SESCO Lighting, Ferguson, and High Oaks Construction for making this project possible.
See before and after photos below: