Frequently Asked Questions
How does my membership help the work of Knox Heritage?
Knox Heritage relies on membership dues for about 40% of its annual operating budget. With your help, Knox Heritage can continue to protect the architectural reminders of our rich legacy for future generations and promote preservation as an effective redevelopment tool that can bring real financial resources to the table. When you join Knox Heritage, your membership fee goes directly to preserving our community’s strong heritage. Specifically, you’ll help fund:
- The preservation of our historic structures and the revitalization of our historic neighborhoods.
- Our Vintage Properties program, which creates jobs and increases home ownership through the restoration of endangered homes in historic neighborhoods.
- Ongoing educational efforts of local leaders and developers about the economic benefits of and need for historic preservation.
- Technical assistance for historic homeowners, developers, and neighborhood associations.
- Advocacy efforts with government entities to promote policies and funding strategies that support historic preservation.